Wells Fargo

Resume Home

Skills Matrix

October-2003 to May-2005

BASE Logic Inc.

Client: Wells Fargo Bank; San Francisco, California.

Position: J2EE Solutions Consultant, Team Leader

BBG provide the capital and the financial resources to help our small business customers grow and prosper. (http://www.wellsfargo.com/biz/ although application was Intranet based.)


Purple Sage II: The goal of the project was to determine the completeness, stability, and scalability of a loan decision and customer service application built by BBG. The application was called Purple Sage II and was in development for almost 4 years prior to Mr. Knutson’s evaluation. The application went into production for a short period, and was then pulled out due to performance issues.

Scope of Duties: Mr. Knutson was tasked with running quality assurance and performance tests on the existing code base to determine the quality and completeness of the code. Mr. Knutson was also tasked with examining the overall development process and methodology to determine if the development staff and process could support the application in a production environment.

Internet Commerce Environment (ICE): The goal of the ICE project was to re-architect the Purple Sage II framework for a new methodology platform to port and create new financial products within Business Direct. The new architecture needed to provide reduced maintenance costs, added flexibility for market, and compliance changes, and expandability to move into additional business channels. The architecture also needed to be internationalized into English, Spanish and French. Agent Banking, One Hour Loan, and Business Customized Capitol where the most high profile applications migrated to the new architecture. This new architecture allowed for a 70% increase in applications in the 1st month alone.

Scope of Duties: Mr. Knutson was tasked with architecting and designing the new struts based ICE platform. During the design phase, Mick was leading and mentoring the additional 5-team members in the new architecture. Mick was also tasked with designing and developing the EJB, and Hibernate layers. This included Hibernate and Application Server configuration, as well as designing and coding the interfaces. After the design phase of this project, 75% of Mick’s time was spent hands-on coding, and the other 25% was spent hands-on mentoring other team members in coding best practices.

WebLogic migration and Re-factoring: The goal of this project was to port existing applications from WebLogic 5.1 and 7.1 to WebLogic 8.1. The main goal of this project was to phase out non-supported application servers such as WLS 5.1. Another goal of this project was to migrate existing applications to an EJB 2.0 compliant architecture, and allowing easier migration to utilize shared enterprise web services. It was advantageous, during the migration; to make the applications more maintainable by consolidating shared services, and re-factoring.

Scope of Duties: Mr. Knutson was tasked with analysis, design and lead implementation of the application server ports. This included server configuration, build plan, re-design, re-factoring, development, testing, and deployment of existing applications. Mr. Knutson was able to perform extensive re-factoring of existing applications to utilize shared web services, as well as increase overall application performance by up to 70%.


Java 2 (1.3.1, 1.4, 1.5), Struts 1.1/1.2, JSF, XDoclet, Intelli-J, UML, EJB 2.0, JTA, XML, JSP, MySql, WebLogic 5.1/7.1/8.1, JBoss 4.0, iPlanet, Spring, Ant, Maven, Hibernate, JMeter, QALoad, QARun, OptimizeIT, JProbe.

Java / JavaEE / Spring Boot Channel

BLiNC Supporters

BLiNC Adsense