I recently upgraded to STS Version: 3.8.3.RELEASE and when I started the IDE, I started getting strange NORDIC characters like:
http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/bylanguage/nordic.html

After digging a bit on this issue, I found there was already an ISSUE open:
https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-4422

The root cause is an issue with JavaFX on JDK 1.7, but obviously also on 1.8 as that is what I am running.

There was talk about changing the Dashboard font to Monserrat by editing the HTML source, but I decided to just use the OLD dashboard.
First I changed the preferences:

 

Then I get the legacy Dashboard rendering correctly:

Mick Knutson

Java, JavaEE, J2EE, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Oracle, Spring, Maven, Architecture, Design, Mentoring, Instructor and Agile Consulting. http://www.baselogic.com/blog/resume

View all posts

Categories

BLiNC Adsense